Finish It Up Friday...Wait For It, Denim/Plaid Togetherness!

I have a finish today! I started a large denim quilt last year. It is a large scale single block design and ended up having these huge half square triangles left over!
 I put all of them together and just had the center of this throw...not quite big enough.  Couldn't decide if I should give it borders or perhaps use it as part of the large quilt's backing so I threw them both into the partially finished bin and went on to other projects!
 A friend has two totes full of her aunt's quilt tops and has hinted at having me finish several of them for her. That got me thinking about my own unfinished tops and so I pulled this one out to work on.
 As you can see, borders won out, more denim! The other fabrics are all plaids and corduroys, kind of a manly quilt feel. I like this colorful plaid so I used it for the binding. I have several Wrangler brand jeans in the mix so for the quilting I went with the signature gold thread. Simple diagonal lines did the trick!
 The backing is made up of two of the fabrics from the quilt and some gray flannel.
 These are true western wear, holes were earned by these jeans! I put a bit of the plaid behind the holes.
 Hehe, very authentic...those stains are proof too!
 Happy Friday! Looking forward to a drier, warmer day here! Praise the Lord!
He is so good, so trustworthy!
Trust in him at all times; you people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are all together lighter than vanity. Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them. God has spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongs unto God. Also unto thee, O Lord, along with mercy: for thought renderest to every man according to his work. Psalm 62:8-12

Alissa

Comments

  1. What a great finish! Love all the upcycled jeans and the thread you used for quilting. The sun came out here one day last week. I'm hoping it will be back soon, these dreary days are getting me down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Jen! It was a fun finish! Hoping to have the bigger denim one done sometime tomorrow!! Woot, woot!
      Sure was cold and dreary here today...rain, rain! Some places got snow so I will stop whining! :)

      Delete
  2. Love, love, LOVE that you included the holes and stains!! I did that in the denim quilts that I've made, too. Really nice choice for your binding. Perfect for the color in the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really do think the holes and even stains add interest! :) Who wants to waste fabric cutting around them?!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt