Finish It Up Friday...Denim And Plaid, The Rest Of the Story!

Finding patterns for quilts that are fitting for men is sometimes a little trickier. When I saw this all denim Giant star quilt online I thought that would be a great man quilt!
I do have quite a stash of denim, however I didn't have quite enough contrasting Shades to pull the quilt off the way I wanted it. So I pulled out some corduroy and plaids to actually make the inner star from.
It is actually one I started last year before Christmas to be a gift. I was unable to get it finished in time and so it sat and waited I guess for this year haha!
I chose a woodland animal flannel for the back. I had to supplement with a few other neutral flannels.
Even though the denim makes for heaviness and the flannel makes for fuzziness I still did do a layer of batting.
 I wasn't sure that I liked it until I got all the quilting done and now I do! I'm excited to give it to someone special!
Can't remember the measurements but it fits just fine on a queen size bed.
For the actual Star quilting on the plaids and corduroys I did a mock plaid quilting pattern. It worked really well except for on that one corduroy that insisted on stretching. But my treadle and I made it through without too many hiccups!
I went pretty simple on the denim part of the quilt. There were a few of the denims that had some spandex in them as well. Made it out with too much overstretching.
Hooray for finished projects a year later that have been sitting on your shelf and hooray for special gifts to give to those you love!
 Linking up with crazy mom quilts!
 Happy Friday!
Alissa

Comments

  1. Love this, Alissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great quilt! I love the giant star block, and the mix of colors and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i really like how it turned out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt