Finished it up Friday...Mo-ped and Polka Dots Bag

Rolf is good sewing help!
I have been toting my cross-stitch project in a burlap Londonjack bag I got when I visited England a few years ago.  The inside plastic layer has begun to crumble...oh dear!
I didn't bring much fabric from my house so I am a bit limited on sewing projects right now. I did however bring the fat quarters I bought on that lovely trip to England!  I figure those are pretty appropriate fabrics to use to make the replacement!
On a side note, I am really enjoying my new Janome that I purchased shortly before getting married. I got it mainly for it's zigzag and button hole capabilities, but boy am I glad to have it now. Not moving my treadle was kind of nice, it's heavy!!
Anyway, back to the bag!! :)
I bought the mo-ped and polka dot fabric in England and had pulled the other fabrics from my stash to go with them.
I paired them with parts of my husband's holey jeans. The colors really coordinate well and it should make for a good bag bottom.
I  didn't use a pattern for this guy. I didn't want to cut the scooter fabric too much so I went with this strip design. I did box corners on the bottom.
I did quilt the panels before sewing them to the denim. I did a stitch and flip through the lining. The other bag doesn't have a closure at all so I made sure to calculate in the flap. Since I don't have my clasps or button supply here I just robbed the button and already made hole from the jeans! The pockets were easy that way too!
Those jeans were quite handy as I went ahead and cut off the belt loops to turn the waistband into a strap.
This was a fun little bag to make on a day I stayed home from the timber!
Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt