Finish It Up Friday...Isabelle's T-shirt Quilt!

I really do enjoy making t-shirt quilts! I have made many in the simple grid style, in nice matching rows separated by sashing. But I think my favorite are these that just kind of happen as you go, arranging and rearranging until it goes together. 
A friend asked me to make this for her daughter and boy were there a lot of shirts! I managed to get all but one and another repeat in the quilt!! Hurray!
I put a gray cotton border around it to help with the stretchiness. I haven't had too much trouble with stretching though when I use the tricot interfacing I have.
It is a big quilt and heavy. As you can see it was a bit tricky to get it to lay nice or hang for me :)
She requested minky for the backing...I wasn't sure how that would go. I went ahead and did put a layer of warm and white cotton batting in the sandwich too.
Really, the minky worked just fine! I  think it was actually easier because it was such a big piece.  It had a harder time moving around and I just safety pin basted it!
I was even able to be somewhat creative with the quilting! All done on my 1920 treadle machine!
Hurray for the finish!

Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt