Maureen Improv Quilt

Life moves so swiftly by...
I am now married and I still love to sew and create!
We are quickly nearing our first anniversary and it astounds me.
It just keeps getting better and better.
It feels as though we have been married for years and years, in a good way!
I love being one with this man of my heart and getting to seek the Lord together!!
Hello, to anyone who is still out there and wonders about Hmm...well here I am!
HERE I AM!! Hahaha!
I promise to update on life in the day to day soon, but as for now...
...look a project!
A few years ago I purchased a scrap bundle from Maureen Cracknell's etsy site.  It was a lovely little bundle full of fun tid bits.  I was at a loss though, of where to put them and with what other fabrics.  I took it with me when we were in our limbo home last winter hoping for inspiration.
I decided to just put all the pieces together!  I am not one for much improv quilting but this was kinda neat!  I almost did it log cabin technique I guess.  I started with this lady and worked my way around her!
It needed a bit more interest so I put together some half square triangles leftover from another project and added them in!

Not traditional, AT ALL!  But cute!  It was easy to see it would only be a baby size quilt.
The randomness of the entire thing and just some of the fabrics started to brew up quilting ideas in my head.  It almost screamed hand embroidery out loud!
I chose a pale pink flannel with brownish gold polka dots for the backing.  It is a light quilt with no batting.  I also decided to curve the corners and flip it instead of putting on a binding.
Then I packed it in a little bag and took it with me always!
Hand embroidery ensued!
In making it a baby quilt, I decided that the lady in the center was a little scant in her clothing.  So first I embroidered her a shirt! Hehe! What a lovely finish it is!
 I put a little flower in the center of every half square triangle.
 I did stitching around each rectangle of fabric in green, corral, teal or gold.
 In the end I was still feeling ambitious, so I chose to blanket stitch around the outside edge!
 And just like that, tada!
Yes, this is a baby quilt...no it is not for me.
We would love a little one, but we apparently must wait. It is in God's hands.

Alissa

Comments

  1. YAY!!! I love the improv and the embroidery. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! It was a little bit of a stretch for me but I love how it turned out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt