A Graduation Finish, With A Dachshund To Boot!

This quilt was finished while there was much snow on the ground so since it is snowing here today, I think I will share it with you!
I was asked to make a graduate quilt for a friend's son.  She knew it needed to be red, white and black but was not sure on a pattern. 
I put the question to him with some pattern ideas and we had the ball rolling!
I was able to find almost enough fabrics in those colors from my stash, WIN! I even was able to use some leftover red fabric from the two previous graduation quilts I made for her!😁
The pattern he picked was from a Missouri Star Quilt Block magazine, a twist on the traditional log cabin block!
I made lots and lots of blocks! This was started back I before I got married, in my little house!
I love when you get to lay them out and see it come together, that and the challenge of keeping your like colors from touching, pooling of colors happening, etc

Hehe, I didn't quite have enough space for this queen size bad boy!
Since they have a pair of dachshunds and I have seen a block for a paper pieced one...I decided to put one on the back. Hehe, it was a fun little challenge! I was able to create my own simply by looking at a picture. 
Such a pretty top! Time to figure out the backing!

I did a simple echo pattern for the quilting, going down the rows of white and then the rounded log cabins.
Finished in our limbo house shortly after the mighty blizzard!!
Hehe, it is laying on a good foot of snow!



Hoping it has found a happy place to be used!

Alissa

Comments

  1. Alissa that is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see a post from you, I've missed your them. I love the log cabin quilt and the baby quilt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Donna! Hope to post a little more regularly!

      Delete
  3. Great finish!! What a fun spin on the log cabin block.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt