My Baby Sister Graduated...So I Sewed!

My very own baby sister graduated this past spring! Can't believe she is getting all grown up on me...makes me tear up a little. I really wanted to make her something special. 
The girl, she wants to be a librarian, so I went with a book theme. Back a few years ago when I went to England for a wedding I picked up this fabric with her in mind!
She is taking online courses so she didn't need all the dorm stuff. I went with a bag, a great place for books!🤣
I chose denim for it's strength and made a quilted panel of the book girl fabric using straight line quilting!
Since she is a pretty good hand at embroidery I added some leaves and the same 'I love books' from the book fabric. 
She also has a liking for 70s styles and colors. So I used a bright 70s print on the inside. There are two pockets inside and pen slots.
It was a fun finish and she really liked it...she cried! She's my favorite person to give gifts to, she cries and makes you feel like you did good!😁❤
We did some clay shooting when we went for her party!
She is a successfully graduated homeschooler now and I am so proud!!
She had some fun group dancing as a part of her celebration! Way to go, Brenna! Love you!!
Continuing with the graduation theme, here is a top I quilted for another graduate!
A family member made the top but was in poor health and couldn't finish it for him. Another gal added to it to make it bigger.
I got the honor of quilting it!😁 I did an echo quilting of the diamond in the center about 1.5 inches apart. 
I think that ends this year's graduation work!!😉
Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt