Pooh Bear Snuggly!

Back before Thanksgiving I was commissioned to make a Pooh Bear baby quilt. That sweet new life is soon to arrive on the scene so I thought I would share!
I was surprised at how difficult it was to find the fabrics I needed! Most had to be shipped from the UK!
I ordered two different panels since I had no definite plan for my pattern.
Isn't this gingham on the diagonal cute?!
I began to cut into the one fabric and soon realized I had missed something...it was an ombre, fading from dark to light! I scratched my head a bit and decided I could make it work.
My final design involved stars, so away I went with flying geese and squares. It did take a bit of brain crunching to get the correct dimensions and cutting sizes figured out. 
I love quilts with stars!
Once the stars were completed I began laying them out. It is amazing how simply moving the white stars or the dark stars really changed what you saw. 
I really like this panel too! I prefer the muted colors.


Once I had the pooh blocks and stars done I had to figure out the border...plan as you go style! First I made some star blocks for the corners. 
I used the scraps to make this pieced border...but it was too much. Not sure why, but I just didn't like it once I actually had it laying there in front of me. 
I tried this but still didn't like the flow.
This was my final decision and I baaaarely had enough fabric to do so. Whew!

For the quilting I went with an allover diagonal square design on the panels and a simple X through each star block. It looks so cuddly here!
And here is the finished quilt! Soft, cuddly and ready for baby!

For the back I was able to use some leftover minky in gray and brown to round out the snuggly factor!


Hurray for babies!! Can hardly wait to hear of his arrival!

Alissa

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt