My Heart Sings!

Hello, my bloggy friends!
 My posts have been lots of quilting completions lately.  This one has some completions too, just different! Can you guess why these two people are smiling?!
We were married a year and a half ago, and what a wonderful time it has been!  I have dreamed of being a wife and mother for as long as I can remember...and I prayed and waited for God's timing.  My waiting was often less than patient but more of frustration and pain.  I learned so much through the waiting, years and years of learning to lean into Christ.  He alone has sustained my heart and given me the peace, and contentment needed to live with a dream unfulfilled.  I have had a blessed life, more than I could ever deserve.
Well! You know that He gave me one of those desires and I can't be more happy with the amazing man He's given me!  We both want children and are at the age that we need to get started soon! ;)  We have totally left it in God's hands...since He opens and closes the womb anyway shouldn't we!  I thought waiting for a little one would be tough, but by God's grace it has been splendid.  We were able to enjoy a year together, a year relishing in God's gift!
But in December we were able to share this announcement:
 I put it on Facebook and I think that is where a lot of my blog readers come from but I wanted to share our news here, with you too!  We are loggers, we use chainsaws A LOT! So when I saw this little toy chainsaw (it actually makes the noise and has a rubber chain that spins, ADORABLE!) I couldn't resist getting it!  Hehe, Papa's saw, Mama's saw and BABY saw!

Anyway...hooray for babies!  Feeling wonderful these days and...
SEWING for baby!
I started with bibs! Someone gave me a bag of "adult" bibs that I cut down to baby size.  They were all made from such fun fabrics!
 I ordered some PUL fabric to make diaper covers.  Isn't this fun camping fabric!? I used that PUL to make a changing mat too.  This is one of the pockets.
 I made some teeny tiny little fabric diapers! Eek, so cute and little! 
 Then I hit my tshirt scrap box! I have made several tshirt quilts and was left with so much extra scraps!  Perfect for little onesies!!  This was my first one!
 Then I tried a sleep sack style!
 The internet is so great for finding patterns and ideas!  I found these little newborn, footed pants!
 We are not finding out the sex of the baby until their arrival so I am trying to keep things fairly neutral.  Here is another sleep sack onesie.
 My husband thinks I will be the most prepared mother out there!  Haha!  I used a plain white newborn onesie as a pattern for all the ones that size.  Embellishing a few was fun too! Not sure if the little fox face will last through very many washings but it was fun to come up with!
 I used some of the PUL and t-shirt material in nursing pads.  Not quite as exciting of a project! Hehe, I also made some flannel burp clothes and washclothes.
 And...you know since it might be a girl I had to stitch up a few little dresses!  Too hard to resist! :D
 Baby's corner of the room is shaping up!  The diaper bear my mom made and used for all of us kids is full of prefold diapers, the cart has the smallest diapers on it ready to go as well as a couple receiving blankets and a wrap I made. We have a good 3 months left to wait, but we are oh, so excited!
 A few friends recently gave me some cute fabrics! That means I will just have to come up with some more projects, right?!
Thanks for listening! Happy Tuesday!

Alissa

Comments

  1. What wonderful news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are very excited and humbled by God's blessing! Hope the home hunting is going well. Glad you are getting this quality time with your brother and his family! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt