Christmas, A Time For Quilted Gifts And Visitors

It really is interesting how things go in cycles, fads whatever you want to call it.  I feel like blogging has been that way.  Most of the blogs I follow never post anymore and look at mine, it has been how long?  I like keeping track of the quilted projects I make and it is easy to have it on here.  Anywho...
Merry Christmas!  Haha, just a month late!
Christmas was fun with our little man.  He got to meet my brother and his family for the first time.  He was pretty oblivious to most of the festivities but oh so cute!  He is growing and changing so fast! I love being his momma!
Anyway, on to quilty things!
I made my niece a quilt before she was born, it was small and had birds on a wire.
I know that her bed now is a full size and she can't use her quilt there.  I decided it was time for a "big girl" quilt, she is 10 after all!
I used this method from Missouri Star Quilts to make my hourglass blocks.
The fabrics were a 10 inch stack from Connecting Threads.
Hehe, see my little helper there on the left? ;) This layout didn't make it big enough so I found an aqua solid and broke up the squares a bit.
Still not big enough! I don't like pink but she is an all color liking girl so the pink fit as the final border.
For the backing I pieced together several fabrics from my stash to get it covered! Haha!  My quilting was simple, just echo stitched along all the diagonal lines without going through the solid.  I did a simple wide zig zag through those.
I used a black for the binding and I really think it pulled the pink and the scrappiness together.
Hurray for sunshiny days in winter to photograph projects.  As fun as the snow is as a backdrop...I'll take the dry, sunshine!
She loved meeting her little cousin and was a huge help watching him as I prepared meals and finished up other gifts.
Hurray for cousins!
Christmas morning was lovely and her smile says it all!  She loved her quilt!
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and are jumping into this new year of 2021 with joy!

Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt