All The Woodland Creatures Quilt

At some point I purchased a fat quarter bundle and a jelly roll of a forest/woodland creature fabric line.  I didn't have any project in mind when I got them.  Since having our little man we have received several items along that theme.  I decided to take that and run with it!
He won't need it for awhile, but I decided to put together a twin size quilt for him.  I haven't actually made him a quilt yet anyway with all the blankets we've been gifted.  I used the fabric for inspiration and began making paper pieced animals.
Here are my bear and fox...minus eyes.
I made the bear big and the fox medium size.  For the rest of the blocks I continued to vary the sizes.  Here is the making of one block with two options, mushroom or squirrel?
I had to pull in some of my stash fabrics to make it all happen.  I had enough coordinating fabrics to get the blocks done.
I began playing with the layout once I had them all finished!  There is a bear, a squirrel, a rabbit, a hedgehog, an acorn, a fox, a mushroom and a stump!  Four blocks are just somewhat coordinating blocks to make up enough for a quilt.
I used the stump block as a place to put our little man's name!
I used the remaining fabric bundle fabrics to fill in the spaces making it twin size width and a black wood print fabric in horizontal strips to finish out the length.
This is as far as I have made it on this project.  I was going to finish it up for his Christmas but others took precedent...maybe next year!  Haha!  I was able to find several yards of one of the prints to use for the backing.  I RARELY buy a coordinating fabric for the backing but there are mere scraps left over from the fabrics I used for the top.

Alissa
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt