Playing Catch Up: More Memory Quilts

I have been so behind on blogging my projects.  I don't think anyone sees them anymore, but it is a great way for me to catalog my finishes.  So, I am just going to put them out there anyway!
Last February I finished another 5 memory quilts out of the same shirts as the last 3.
They were surprise gifts so I couldn't post them right away...and then I forgot sort of.
This the first one and it is made strictly from the memory shirts.  I had a fun time figuring out my darks and lights.  Blue is also my favorite so I really liked this one.

I failed to get a finished photo of this one.  Here is the one the recipient sent me.  You can see the simple diagonal quilting pattern I did.
After the first quilt I quickly realized I didn't have enough fabric to strictly use the shirts.  I had to add a little plaid and the denim-like blue fabric.
The tags were once again fun to strategically place on the quilts.

For the third quilt I used the fusible interfacing technique I once taught at quilt guild to get all my little squares nicely laid out and matched.  It works super smooth for this type of block!  I matched those blocks with a pretty teal, blue and purple plaid!


This one was actually a quilt I had seen.  I didn't find a pattern, just figured it out from a picture.  I think it turned out rather nice!  The other quilts were just made up with what I had to work with.  I did add a colorful plaid to this one as well.


For the final quilt I used a red striped shirting fabric I had in my stash to go along with simple squares from the shirts.  It used up some of the squares from the original 3 quilts which was handy.


So, there you have it!  A few finishes from last year.  I think I will continue to post more. Hope someone sees and can enjoy!

Alissa

 

Comments

  1. These are so lovely - I bet everyone who received one was thrilled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was such an honor to make them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt