Sew Lovely and a Runzariffic Finish

In the final months of being pregnant last year I finished an old project and then put together an entire new one!
Our state puts out a fabric line each year for some special projects.  I have an apron made from some of one year's and then this one that I put together.  I had a spot picked out for it when I started...in my little house before marriage.  Sooo, not sure where it will go now.

It is just a fun little quilt featuring the monthly sew squares. My challenge in this one was to put in the cute little setting stars! I saw them on a quilt online and wanted to try! I like how it turned out!
 
For seven years I worked at a fast food restuarant that is unique to our state with only a few located outside state borders.  When I was younger I said that is one place I would never work, in fast food.  God had other plans and I am once again so thankful for His ways and not mine!
Anyway, each summer we had a new summer t-shirt option for our uniforms. We also had football game day shirts and a few others.  After a few years they start to add up! I decided to take one of each design and make myself a picnic blanket out of them.
It was neat to think back over the years and all the memories they held.  I worked with so many different people and had so many wonderful customers.
It ended up being the perfect size for a picnic blanket or just a throw on the couch.
I took one and turned it into a onesie for our little one!  Hehe, a one-of-a-kind little sleeper!
We are getting lots of use out of it now as the days warm up and our little man LOVES being outside!
It is just perfect for putting out on the lawn for a little play time!  Not that he always stays on it for long!

I had a big piece of yellow fabric which I attempted to dye green.  It had a big wrinkle section in the middle that didn't get to the dye making for a somewhat ugly piece of fabric.  Since I knew we would use it outside I used it for backing. 
The sashing is some scraps of yellow, blues and greens I had in my stash.  I did a very simple quilting on this one, simply did a zigzag stitch over each seam line.
I am really catching up on my finished projects that I hadn't posted! Hurray!

Alissa

Comments

  1. What a great idea to make a quilt out of all your t's!! I love it - and that baby sleeper! Oh My Goodness - too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I couldn't just throw them away!😉

      Delete
  2. What a great way to use your Runza shirts! The baby onesie is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! I am bad at throwing things like that away, so it was good to put them in a useable project.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt