Christmas Gift Finishes? Why Not In June?!

I don't know what kind of order I am going in with my finishes.  But in this week of wind and 97 degrees I think some Christmas gift finishes would be nice.  Cooler thoughts anyway!  Haha! No, I definitely don't want winter to return but cooler thoughts are okay! ;)
Anyway, first up is my favorite creative venture from last Christmas.  My cousin's husband enjoys the Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes.  At some point in past years he was gifted a box for Christmas...it went down hill from there.  Now I believe every Christmas he gets those as a gift.  Last year I found him a t-shirt with said cakes on it.  This year I toyed with the idea of homemade Christmas Tree Cakes but decided this was a better route...
I made him his very own Christmas Tree Cake PILLOW!! It was so fun to design and make!  I used some old motel pillow cases for the main fabric.  My mom used to work at one and they throw them out after awhile.  You can't see it but on the sides of the pillow I sewed a strip of yellow fabric on the back side so that it would peak through and look like the filling line. :)
For the red and green decorations I used some of my huge stockpile of bias binding.  It was perfect as I didn't have to finish edges that way!  I was finishing this at the last minute while my brother and his family were staying with us.  My niece turned out to be the best helper and did most of the stuffing for me! 
He is a stinker and we always give ornery gifts to each other.  This year I think he felt a little guilty...because he LIKED his gift! Haha!

Until next Christmas, Derek!!  I wonder what we'll think up then!

Alissa

Comments

  1. Great idea. We used to give my son Peeps because he liked them. But now he's all about healthy food so no Peeps for him. I like the idea of cool thoughts these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Perhaps it is time for a peep pillow?! 😉

      Delete
  2. THAT!!!! Is a perfect gift!!! it turned out so great - and it sounds like a perfect fit for him!! Too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I love hitting a perfect 10 on homemade gifts like that! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt