One More For The Heat Battle!

Sometimes I start a project and it takes me long enough to finish that I am not sure why I started it.  I saw the ugly sweater pattern by Sew Fresh Quilts when it came out and decided I needed to make it for my cousin. Can't remember why, but I actually purchased the pattern and I rarely buy patterns!
I made a few blocks right away and completed all the quilt block centers for the sweaters a year or so later. I would pull it out occasionally and do more. Last fall I decided it was time to FINISH!
It was a good use of the Christmas fabrics I have! I have some more dated looking fabrics and most don't go together super well...perfect for ugly sweaters!
I had a pretty adorable little helper too! Don't worry I took all necessary precautions with him up there. He has grown soo much in just the  months since I finished this quilt!❤
It turned out great, not really ugly at all! When I started I just wanted to use my stash even for the background fabric. It isn't Christmas-y at all but I didn't have lot to pick from at the time. 
It is really just a throw size quilt, perfect for a snuggle on the couch with some hot chocolate (try to imagine it is cold and blustery outside as we roast at 100 degrees!🤣) I wanted it cuddly so I bought an inexpensive fuzzy throw blanket. It was the same size!
Unfortunately my backing got off kilter a bit while basting. Instead of starting over I pieced in some more from another project. Whew! It is finished!🎉
Alissa

Comments

  1. My knitting friends would LOVE to receive a quilt like this!! Nice work on using your stash. Super cute quilt finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My cousin was quite pleased with her quilt and said it is the perfect size! I LOVE being able to use some of my stash...makes me less guilty about having such a big one! Haha!

      Delete
  2. I thought it was going to be barn quilts. But quilt blocks on sweaters is pretty cute, too!!! Of course that little guy is the real star here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, barn quilts would be fun! Yes, he is quite a star most of the time. ;)

      Delete
  3. What a cute quilt - and a super cute helper - I feel like he was saying - "keep working!!" haha!! Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a great encourager! It is getting a little harder to quilt much now that he is mobile. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt