Oregon Trail Bear Bedding

We started out with our little man in a pack and play for his bed. In altering our sleeping arrangements a bit we went ahead and got a crib.
I was given fabric by a quilter friend last year. In it was one yard pieces from this Oregon Trail Bear fabric. I thought it was cute but didn't really have plans until...
...a crib must have bedding!
Here is the fitted sheet. 
By the way, taking a nice flat picture of a fitted sheet is kind of like folding a fitted sheet! Haha!
They really are cute fabrics!
The crib transitions into a toddler bed so I went ahead and made a top sheet as well. I found a place online that suggested making the bottom end fitted to help keep it tucked on.
I chose to offset the second two rows there because my strips weren't long enough. 
I had this nice brown fabric in my stash. I think it looks like teddy bear fur!
And here is the quilt! The one fabric had bear family pictures as blocks! I bordered them with the green fabric as well as another green, snapshot print at an up and down offset.  I added the strip scene fabrics to get the right length!
They are super cute! It has been fun watching little man notice and point at them recently. 

As you can see for the quilting I simply went with a loopty loop all over pattern.

Oops, not sure why those are sideways. 
For the back I used up the remaining of the fabrics that coordinated as a set and paired it with this green and cream flannel from my stash.

 This was a fun project that just kind of fell together!❤

Alissa

Linking up:


Comments

  1. Oh how fun!!! and its a custom set for your kiddo!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt