Camper To Update

Back in July we acquired an older camper. We simply wanted it to use on jobs that are farther away so we wouldn't have to get a motel or have long commutes. Our 1970s Roadrunner was hanging out in here! Open sesame!
It had some water damage that needed cleaned up. We've used it in the rain and so far no leaks so the patching must be holding up! A few fresh coats of paint will work wonders though!
It didn't need to be the Taj mahal, just a liveable space.
 It had been sitting for a while so it needed cleaned out, both the items belonging to its past human tenant and also the leavings of many small tenants. I wasn't so excited about the small tenants!
 Little man was a good cheerleader...as long as the vacuum was not running. 
My wonderful husband vacuumed, shampooed and vacuumed. So thankful for him! 
Here it is in all it's glory!
We have a sleeping loft. Aren't those 70s colors lovely on the cushions...totally sarcastic!
View towards the back end. I don't love the brown carpet but removing that and dealing with whatever is underneath was not an option on our time schedule/needs.
I don't really mind the brown paneling since it is actually wood. I would prefer a break up in all the brown though. Every camper Reno online wanted to paint it all white. I don't dig that idea.
I thought maybe there was a way to work with the brown, avacado and mustard colors but just couldn't wrap my head around any plan.
The bathroom wasn't too bad, I put up a curtain I already had but then had to remove it for the window air conditioner.

Finally after a chat with a dear friend who was feeling inspired for me, I came up with a plan. I just had to cover up those 70s colors, then I could work with the brown.
I found a nice coordinating fabric in my stash and started sewing!
Isn't that like a thousand times better!? I had fun trying to figure out these slipcovers. The back cushion is a weird shape that folds out to make a bed.
Here is a close up of my inspiration fabric! Amazing difference!
That was all we had time for before the maiden voyage. Cutting cottonwood four hours from home was just what we needed it for! Close enough to my family that my brother could come help too!
Anyway, long post I know! Sitting in the camper for hours on end due to the heat and wind gave me some more ideas. On our first return home I purchased some paint and stick on tiles. Here is the new kitchen area look! 
I am very pleased with how it improved the interior! The sun shining in makes the blue look brighter in these pictures. I also added a blue runner rug.
Next I painted the refrigerator door with chalkboard paint! It kinda/sometimes works so we opted to by another mini fridge and use it as a mouse proof cupboard!
This was all done when my little guy would oblige me with a nap. He was not a huge fan of the camper and was teething which made him pretty clingy.
On to the bathroom! I went with gray in there and did just do away with the brown.

Hard to get a good picture. I think it is weird to have the blank wall right above the sink. I tried to remove the mirror so I could rotate it...but it was glued down good!
It cracked up pretty bad so I stopped. I have a new one bought but it might not get installed soon. Anyway I put faux tin tiles in here as backsplash also!
I had leftover so I put it on the tub side also. Had to get one more package ordered.
So, there you have it! Kept me busy while we chilled in the camper and it looks lots better! Hurray!

Comments

  1. Really looks like our brown livingroom carpet, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep!! Must have been a very popular choice!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt