A Trio of Christmas/Winter Pillows

I am officially done with Christmas decorating! Woohoo!
On Saturday we went to the timber where my husband is working and cut ourselves a small tree. It was a lovely, frosty morning!

The tree had to be small because of these wee, precious hands! Hehe, we have quite a little helper on our hands! He... and the fake parakeet assisted me in getting the tree stand put together.
The only real safe location to put it was on my living room treadle (because of course I don't have just one!) and also on a milk crate to get the proper height achieved!
Yay, I love having a real tree! Every year it looks a little different! I bought the horse panel and tacked it to the wall for little man. He loves horses! I will probably try to get it into quilt form for next Christmas.
And now...the actual stars of this post!! I had all the decorations done but my pillows still gave off a fall feel with these turkey and pumpkin! Haha!
Time to make pillow covers!!
For pillow number one I went with a log cabin block. I had a jellyroll left over from my Christmas/Winter quilt I made two years ago. The 2.5 inches came out perfect for the 18 inch pillow to be covered. These are fabrics I picked up at Walmart. I will say I don't necessarily love the blue fabric. It doesn't coordinate quite as well as the others.
I was going to do a star block for the second pillow but then saw a clipping from Connecting Threads. It is a pattern I would like to try and was easily modified for different sizes.
I struggled with this one, got too easily distracted. It required several rows to be ripped apart and sewn back together. Upon looking at the block completed, finally, I was a little disappointed in the scattering of the colors. It could use more green on one side but I wasn't going to redo it again!
Pillow number 3 went the fastest! Quick and easy with a nice outcome is always great right!? I chose to do a quilt as you go French braid pattern. It was a much smaller pillow too which probably helped. So there you have it my coordinating Christmas/winter pillows because I will leave them until spring! Nice to have a matching set. I don't think I ever have, haha!

I did a zipper in one side of each cover so that I can quickly take them off to reveal their fall past!

Oh and here are the backs! I decided to throw one different one in there. They even look cute this way!

 Happy decorating! 

Alissa

Comments

  1. Great holiday pillows. AWESOME denim couch!! I'd love to hear more about how you did that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ahh, yes the couch cover. It wasn't as hard as I thought it might be. I will have to get a post in the works!😊

      Delete
  2. The place you got your tree is beautiful! and I love how you set it up. With the Horse Panel - it gives the room a whole new feel ( I , of course, am with little man and ALL horses should be let in the house!)

    Beautiful pillows and really cool couch!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My husband is a logger so we always have a lovely spot to find a tree! Our little guy would feed handfuls of hay to the horses all day I think if I let him!!

      Delete
  3. Your little helper is so sweet and your Christmas decorations look lovely! Thanks for linking up with me for TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt