A Fruitful Sewing Week!

Happy Friday!
I was able to do quite a bit of sewing this week! Yay for me! Little man was very agreeable and took lovely naps!
Last year I ordered some plaid shirting material with cooler button ups for my husband in mind. I need some more fabric for my current quilt project and as I was cleaning off the sewing table those fabrics were next in the pile. Sew away I went with a flannel shirt of his as a pattern...that I am afraid was a mistake.
Apparently that flannel shirt was a touch small and I didn't take into account the stretch ability of the flannel. As you can see however, it does fit me fairly well! Haha, so after I get buttons and buttonholes I have a new shirt. And I will just have to try again for my husband's shirt!
Next up was a project for our little guy. He loves to help out with the dishes at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
It always gets him a bit wet so I pulled out a pattern I have for a tunic apron!
My cousin's wife gave us this adorable fabric complete with red headed little boy. I also still had some iron on vinyl that I used to make it water proof! Now he can stay dry and still have fun!
And lastly I made some new quick covers for our pillows! It was time to rotate out Christmas/winter and I still had two of my pillows that needed to stay in the living room. 


I did a simple overlap/envelope back on both. The bigger pillow cover ended up too big so I made a quarter inch flange thing around the entire thing. I also used Velcro to secure that back overlap. The small one was the long way so that although it gaps it isn't too bad.

And yes this last one is upside down...I tried!

Sew there you have the results of my fruitful sewing week! Linking up with Quiltygirl and TGIFF!


Alissa
 

Comments

  1. Look how productive you were!!! Now tell the truth - you really wanted to make a shirt for you and were using the big guy as an excuse haha!!! just kidding

    You can send little man here - I have a pile of dishes for him ;-)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do recall thinking huh that doesn't look half bad on me, before I had him try it on! Haha!
      I'm looking forward to little man being a little bigger and possibly able to do the dishes on his own! Right now one item or two get very very clean and forget the rest of it! 😉
      Have a great week as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt