A Pretty Just For Me!

Hey, there it's January!
I have officially recovered from Christmas in the crafty sense. For Christmas 2021 many people in my family received knitted slippers from me/us! I knitted 15 pairs of slippers and not all of the same pattern. Fun, but I am a bit done with slippers for awhile!
I transitioned slowly by working on a knitting project I had been occasionally working on this past year. I finished this afghan just for us this week!!
Hehe, little man was enjoying it!
I have a stash of yarn and these were all in it! I was going for a bit of a gradient/ombre effect. Turned out good for using what I had on hand!
The stitch was fairly simple. The angled stitches were just supposed to go one way but I wanted a bit more interest. So, I tried doing the stitch in a purl row and it worked just fine.
Here is the pattern!
I think I should have made it a little wider. I didn't know how far my yarns would go and didn't want a super short blanket. Turns out I would have been fine, I still have one more skein of both the darkest blue and cream. Oh, well it is a nice size for us!
I am seeing that photographing quilts is much easier! Haha, the cat wanted to help...and the giant llama our little guy received as an early Valentine's gift this week!
So nice and cozy! And now, in need of a new project I have started putting together some quilt blocks given to me. No big challenge as an easing in to the new Year!

Alissa

* Linking up with Quiltygirl and TGIFF

Comments

  1. What a wonderful knitted blanket! and congrats on knitting 15 pairs of slippers! Your fingers must have been flying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so very pretty!
    and all those warm feet running around - I love the idea of knitting slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice and cozy!! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt