Kitchen Updates

I love projects! My husband is learning that if he suggests an idea I will most likely try to make it happen or pester him a bit until he can do it!
We have a wood stove in our living room. It is the same room as our kitchen just up on a slightly higher level, a step up. He suggested we build a half wall between the two next to the stove. We found ourselves the rock needed and he milled some cedar boards and we were on our way!
Sorry, honey for the surprise pictures! Haha, he isn't too fond of his picture being taken! But here you see the cedar side of our half wall. Isn't it lovely!!
The other side is cement board. Let the rock covering begin! It was a bit of a trial and error...we had most of the rock up and it fell off...arg.
Back in the kitchen...we just had an extra small table and a metal shelf along this wall. My husband had a beautiful blued pine log that he cut into a huge slab. Hello countertop! He also milled some beautiful hackberry for the shelf underneath!
Little man loves when we get up to something, provides more areas to get into! Haha!
Back at the rock!
And then...we continued with the cedar! I had seen these on Pinterest and had saved the idea so I was super excited for it to happen. I have a skillet wall!!!
Now to figure out where all of my skillets can be placed! I measured the area and then layed them out on our living room floor.
Then, one by one I hung them on a nail! Eek! So exciting!


I even had room for my strainers!
The rock ended up taking a few days to finish, just a few at a time.
Here it is mostly finished! We still need to add a board on the wall top as well as another to rock around the right side. It is working great and we finished in time for winter! Maybe someday we'll do the back wall to match!
This was again another catch up post!😉

Alissa

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt