New Tub Tada

Our master bathtub is an old inset type and not real big. My husband suggested we find a bigger tub and do some remodeling in our guest bathroom and put one in there. There really wasn't room for a bigger one in our bathroom. So I found one on Craigslist only an hour away for a super good deal! And.. it's HUGE!
Anyway it was sitting outside in a shed and I was getting antsy. So with the word of go ahead from my husband I started demolition on the guest bathroom for it too was not big enough for this tub! All it had was a little shower insert.
I don't think I have a before picture as it wasn't anything too stunning, haha! Once I got the shower out I started in on the wall! I got some tough news about a friend and was a little emotional one day. Turns out that's a great time to rip drywall off the wall! I got a lot done!
We broke through into our addition/storage/work room! Next it was down with the shower partition wall! This one wasn't very well attached so it kinda just went timber!
The view from the addition...looks like a dollhouse view! You can see our breaker box on the left. It was a bit of a job but we worked it out!
And into the addition, those are the attic stairs. There is however a door onto the roof which is actually more easily accessible from a ladder to the porch roof.
And here is the bulhemouth!
I love my husband!!
I was mostly just an audience and at times a questioner of his methods...it was very unnecessary. He did great!
Little man checked in on the process now and then.
Sorry, but my pictures really jump ahead from there. He got the wall built, a box around the breaker box and everything!
Next was tile time!
There is a lot of tile! I did have the final job of cleanup! We are so happy with the results! I feel a little sorry for our master bath since it gets a bit neglected! Haha!

 We put up an L shaped curtain rod and a lovely gray set of curtains! You can't see it here but it also has a rainshower head. I love it!

Thanks for listening! We did this last year and I had started a post. It was time to finish!

Alissa

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt