Amazing Grace In Pink and Gray

I purchased the lovely Songbook panel by Stephanie Sliwinski. I decided to take each hymn and make a quilt around it for some lovely ladies in my life. I didn't actually have someone in mind for this hymn at first but I quickly remembered that my soon to be sister-in-law loves pink.
Perfect! Now to turn the simple rectangle into a quilt!
There is a pillow pattern with the fabric line. I used it as an idea for the center of the quilt.


It turned into a medallion quilt of sorts. Next was a simple gray border.

And then a border of squares.
After a couple more colored borders I did half square triangle blocks.

Working with the the amount of fabrics I had from the coordinating fat quarters I had to think. It was a little tricky getting it the size I wanted too.
My last pieced border of flying geese is only on the top and bottom. 
Adding some final gray border strips got it up to size.
I am loving my quilting frame and machine so much!  It just goes so fast!
I stuck with simple figure 8 loops for the quilting.




Cheese! Little man wanted in on this one!

Hurray for another Christmas gift finished!

Alissa

Linking up with Alycia at Quiltygirl and TGIFF!

Comments

  1. What a thoughtful and sweet gift to give!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use the piece from the panel! I loved watching it grow in each of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took lots of pictures so I could watch it grow later! So fun!

      Delete
  3. Ta da!! That was fun to watch it grow!!! I bet she LOVES it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt