Mom's Fall Flower Quilt

 Last Christmas gift finish!!
My parents added a garage and sunroom onto their house this past fall.
I decided with the new wall space mom needed a new quilt!
I started with this fun Adel in Autumn panel by Sandy Gervais and coordinating 10 inch squares. I haven't done much with panels but this was so pretty I decided to give it a go.
A Google search found this quilt with a panel and I decided to use it as my inspiration. 
I used my Lori Holt farm girl vintage book to find the right block for the first pieced border.
As I made the second pieced border with the flying geese I realized I didn't have enough brown. Oops! Browns are tricky to match, in my opinion, so I opted for a few rectangles in the coordinating prints.
My original thought was wall quilt but I wanted her to have the ability to use it as a throw as well. It was actually a bit tricky not making it too big! Haha!
My little helper wanted in on a picture of Nana's quilt.
I don't remember its dimensions but it is laying on the top of our queen bed.  It turned out lovely!
I used the bits and pieces leftover for the backing.
A simple loopty loop was a quick choice for the quilting on the panel area.
I got brave and put some vine work in the flying geese border.
Merry Christmas, Mom!
Alissa

Linking up with Alycia at Quiltygirl and TGIFF!
 


Comments

  1. What a sweet gift, I am sure she will use it. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful gift for your mother. I am particularly impressed with how well the quilt coordinates with the adorable boy testing it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, he really does coordinate!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt