Baby Boy Fuzzy Wuzzies!

I have had several finishes in the last month or so but have to wait on delivery to recipients to share them. I was able to send one to its home last week and so here it is with its bonus quilt!
As I was ordering fabric on Etsy for some specific quilts I ran across a fabric scrap bundle of little boy fabrics.  On an impulse I bought one.  Haha, then I had to find something to make with them...they were just begging to be put to use!
A friend of mine is having a precious baby boy in May.  What a wonderful project, a baby quilt!! I saw a simple baby quilt for sale on Etsy that was just half square triangles with a super soft fuzzy backing.  I took it as inspiration and started making half square triangles! I did add in a few fabrics from my stash too.  I didn't get many pictures in progress, just one of the quilting.   I did it on my treadle, just simple diagonal lines.
I wanted to use up the lovely fuzzy minky from a previous project you may remember...wink, wink.  I did a simple flip and stitch instead of using a binding.  Anywho, it turned out cute and I was able to drop it off.
In my planning I totally miscalculated the long way on how many half square triangles I needed.  Sooo, I went ahead and put together another little baby quilt!  I purchased some fuzzy blankets at the farm store a few months back that were on clearance.  I used one to make a fuzzy backing for this bonus quilt as well!
Please excuse the unmade bed. But here it is.  I did a diamond quilting around the center for this one.

This shot is a little more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than our unmade bed! Haha! Not sure what I will do with it yet.  Perhaps someone else will be expecting soon or maybe I will try my hand at Etsy selling. We'll see! What do you think?

 Linking up with Alycia at QuiltyGirl and TGIFF!

Alissa

Comments

  1. They are wonderful quilts! I have done a fuzzy back and really liked it; I need to get more on hand for a few baby quilts coming down the path! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! I like how you turned the minky - it gives is a super soft cuddly look!! And of course!! babies love soft!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt