My Clancy Sweater

Loss is so hard.

Seven months...seven months seems both like an eternity and just a blip in time.

September 27, 2022 we lost our sweet baby boy at 38 weeks during delivery.

We named him Clancy Gates. He was so perfect and looked so much like his older brother.

I share because I don't want him forgotten. 

My hope is not of this earth but in Christ. I know he went straight into the arms of Jesus. It is a comfort, the best comfort. Knowing I can indeed see him again helps. My heart and my arms still ache often though.

Our growing toddler is a busy, joyful comfort. I pray the Lord blesses us with more. I so looked forward to watching him in the role of big brother.

I knitted most of  this cardigan when I was pregnant, but finished after Clancy was born. It was way to big so I took it apart and began again. It was therapeutic to keep my hands busy and remember my pregnancy, my time getting to know his little kicks, punches and rolling movements as I redid each part. Now it is done, fitting much better.

My Clancy sweater.

Alissa

Comments

  1. My prayers are with you tonight Alissa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:02 PM

    I’m so sorry, Alissa. I’m glad you shared this story because it is important to not forget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:57 AM

    Always in your heart, never forgotten! Thank you for sharing your strength, creativity and mama’s love. We’re blessed by your sharing! Love ya, Tom & Nancy G

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt