Southwest Wedding Quilt

It has been a wedding year already for us! That means quilts!
This one was for a sweet young woman I have known since she was little. She has always had a western side so I went with a southwestern looking pattern I have had awhile by SuzyQuilts
I stuck with solids again.

The pattern was just a throw size. I laid out all the rows and just felt it needed to be a bit bigger for the newlyweds. 
I found a southwest fabric on ebay with the exact same colors...lucky!
I added a bit in between a few rows and then gave it a border.
I decided this pattern needed more echo and straight line quilting so I pinned it up using my table like I used to do.
I had good help! Haha!


Had another breezy day to work with taking final pictures. 
I love how it turned out! Hurray!


 It was a lovely, precious wedding too!

Alissa
Linking up with Alycia at QuiltyGirl andTGIFF!

Comments

  1. Fabulous finish for a special gift. Great southwest design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super cool quilt!!! I just love the design and you color choices give it such an awesome touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Alissa, what a wonderful gift. I'm sure that it will be cherished!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt