Easy Peazy, Lemon Squeezy Wedding Quilt

This year started off with a wedding for us. My baby sister got married January first. I had not gotten hers made ahead of time either. So this spring I did it first. I finally got it into her hands and can share.
Her wedding decor was fun and citrusy with lemons, limes and oranges! So she went ahead and requested lemons for their quilt. I was able to pull together enough yellow and greens from my stash, even a yellow corduroy in there.
She found this quilt by Cotton & Joy  It was my inspiration. 
I have done some curved piecing but not a lot. I should be better now! There are ALOT of curved pieces in a lemon! Haha!
Leaves too!

We had lots of snow for a long while around here. My little helper played pretty good when I brought it inside.
Woo-hoo for Miss Vivian making the quilting process faster! I did a little different pattern on this one.
This is just such a happy, bright quilt!

I was able to quilt their names and wedding date into part of the quilt.

And here she is!!


I found this lovely lemon print from Hobby Lobby.

Hard to believe she is old enough to be married! I loved watching her grow up, but it went so fast. Praying for many happy years for them together!

Alissa
Linking up with Alycia at QuiltyGirl and TGIFF

Comments

  1. How cute is that!!! You are on a huge roll with your quilts this year!! Go you!!
    and congrats to the baby sister!!!! How did you like quilting over the corduroy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really hit them hard and fast! We are building a new house and moving so it will slow down drastically I am afraid. At least for awhile!
      I really didn't notice any difference in quilting the corduroy. Those seams were a bit bulkier but not a problem.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt