Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt

My babiest brother got married in March! So crazy! So happy for them!
They were planning to get married this coming August but decided to just have a small courthouse wedding earlier.
I thought I had time to get a wedding quilt made but not with the change. I asked for their preferences and got started. Request: he likes green, she likes pink and wanted some jellyfish. Here are the fabrics I went with, plus white and teal rocks.
I found another quilt I liked on SuzyQuilts website. It was a bit more of a modern pattern, which I thought fit my sister in law a bit better.
Ready, set, go!
These pictures are a little out of order, oops!
 
I tried just figuring the pattern out myself so I wasn't sure how my measurements would come out.
It came out really long!
I ended up trimming part of the top and bottom as well as adding a vertical border.
Simple blocks!
I am feeling so much better about the tension of my quilt parts on the rollers. It gave me the confidence to try a new design! Yay! I tried allover squiggles.
I think I did pretty good!
All done!
I ordered labels from etsy, first quilt to wear one!!


We were able to drop it off a few days ago. They weren't home so I just put it on the bed!

Hurray! Last wedding quilt for a little while!
Alissa
Linking up with AlyciaQuilts and TGIFF!

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:39 PM

    Nothing like a little change of plans to get you motivated! What a wonderful treasure for your brother and his bride! Fun design. Thanks for sharing over at TGIFF today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh that is such a sweet quilt. and wow!! you did good with the time change!!! I loved the term Babiest... too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I was 19 when he was born...babiest just fits! Haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!