I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt

I have been missing in action here on the blog but for good reason! My husband and I sold our house at the end of June and moved to our unfinished basement in the middle of nowhere!
We lived for 3 months among all our stuff(which is alot) as we pushed forward on building the house above us.  We are now upstairs, hurray! Although far from finished it feels so good!!
Anywho, I still had a few quilting projects with deadlines to complete. Here is one!
I kept out the few necessary supplies, my modern little New Home Janome, and made it work. First it was on/beside the bed in our little sleeping corner.  She picked a pattern from a few I suggested but in a forest green colorway.
I loved the pattern as it was simple, straightforward halfsquare triangle blocks. They were fairly large, 9.5 inches and it went together so quickly! A great quilt for a less than optimal work space.
Haha, my toddler has learned the fun of digital photography. Worked quite nice here to show the next work space. I had my husband put the dining table back together and set up camp!
Unfortunately the second day my cute, green sewing machine decided to not work. Arg! As the owner of 10 plus sewing machines, I know I have a problem, that shouldn't have been a problem.  But like I said all our belongings are packed into our basement...where are the sewing machines, the non treadle or tables ones?! I finally located my Mercury! My mom picked this one up for me and I had yet to even try it. Let me tell you, she works like a charm once I figured out how to thread her.
Hurray for a large empty space to check my fabric placement in the layout.
All together now!
I may not have walls or a floor in my to be sewing room but Miss Vivian is set up and ready to go. She worked great even after being dismantled and reassembled.  Hurray!
It wasn't part of the planning but the porch on our new house is PERFECT for quilt hanging pictures! And isn't this one lovely!
I hung it technically upside down from the pattern and discovered a happy accident...there is a heart!❤️ So fitting as it is going to be a wedding gift.
Not being able to get at my fabric stash it was a little tricky to get the backing built. I had just enough!


 Thanks for reading! Hurray for a finish! Hopefully soon there will be house finishes to share too!

Alissa

Linking up with Alycia at QuiltyGirl and TGIFF!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, I can relate! My husband and I moved into our unfinished house a year ago, and he just announced last week that he's finished! Trying to keep the dirt off the fabric is real. Looks like you're making great use of your space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, the struggle is real!! But a quilters gotta quilt!! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. You are proof positive of the adage, where there's a will there is a way. You just can't keep a quilter from quilting. What a lovely quilt you made, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! What a fun challenge ! that is so exciting to be building a house, but what a challenge to find everything and keep on stitching - I am impressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a challenge but it helps keep me sane!😄

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt