Memories turned Lap Quilts

Several months back I was contacted by a gal I made 10 t shirt memory quilts for about 8 years ago. This time they were for her sister's in-laws.
She wanted 4 lap quilts. Here is the first one, I had five shirts to work with.
I did a simple patchwork for the alternating blocks with the leftover fabric. 
I have no idea where my knit fabric interfacing is so I skipped that step this time. It didn't really affect it except a little more movement in the quilting. This is the first t shirt quilting I have done on Miss Vivian. 
I like it!

Now I opened the second bag of t shirts and it required a bit more thinking...it only had 2 shirts in it! I finally came up with a design that worked to highlight those shirts and used the scraps for the rest.
I used the faux chambray fabric from Connecting Threads for all the sashings. I used it on her others and they still carry it, which is wonderful!
The third bag only had 2 shirts as well so I did the same pattern.
There were two denim shirts they wanted in all of them so I did have that to work with too.
The final quilt had 4 shirts so I did something similar to the first. The red was actually a sheer scarf so I had to layer it over some leftover red sweater fabric from one of the others but it worked fine!
This was another fun opportunity for me and they liked the final product as well!
Since they were small I was able to quilt the middle two at the same time. That was handy!
I failed to get a final picture of most of them, oops!
Happy Friday and if you are in the Midwest of the US...stay warm! Our high for today is -2! Eek! Great weather for staying in and quilting though!!

Alissa
Linking up with Alycia at QuiltyGirl and TGIFF!

Comments

  1. Wow, some great finishes here and creativity to get a whole quilt out of just two t-shirts! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great quilts - and fun ways to preserve memories. I never use the interfacing either - just pretend its like sewing clothing with knits right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt