Forest Friends Finally Finished!

You can read about the beginnings of this quilt HERE!  I started it for our little guy a few years ago.  He will be 4 this year and very soon will move into a twin size bed so I decided it was time to FINISH!
I only had some quilting left to do and to my surprise there wasn't much left that needed done. 
Hurray!
I loaded it all up in one layer and began the tough part of deciding what to do for each block.  I had started out on my treadle doing something different for each one.
I was super excited that I was able to find the scraps left over which included some already measured and made binding (way to go me!!) in our still full basement.  It really was a quick finish.
It was fun to watch our boy take in all of the animals again!  He really loves animals!

I still love this one!
Here is some of the quilting.


I did notice I didn't finish the top of the rabbit's ear but I am not loading it all up again just for that little bit.  Maybe once my sewing room has walls and stuff I can just quilt it quick on the regular machine.


I machine wrote his name on the stump, that is why there is no quilting in the middle of the stump.

 Alissa

Linking up with Alycia at Quiltygirl Quilts and TGIFF!

Comments

  1. How sweet that he has a new quilt for his bed. And one that will keep him engaged while snuggling under it. Thanks for sharing your finish on TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just so cute!!! And him looking at all the animals again - Melts my heart!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt