The End of the Year!

Another perk to having my niece and nephews here over Thanksgiving was being able to make things for them.  Its hard to gauge sizes across 2 states.
My grandma came over one day while they were here.  She always brings something with her.  This time she brought a nightgown, a pink nightgown with cats on it.  She mentioned Brenna or I could use it, haha.  Siena was in the room and she presently announce that it was HERS.
So I took that nightgown and cut it down to size.  I made it into this cute little swing skirt.  She got her pink kitties after all.
Another day found us wandering about in the local thrift store.  We picked up a women's skirt in this floral material.  Michelle asked if we could make a dress out of it for Siena.  And so, after multiple attempts...some of which I believed were the end of this dress:
I made several gifts for Christmas this year.  One gift I made involved commissioning.  A dear lady sent me a link to a purse/bag her daughter liked and asked if I could make it.  Hmm, I'd give it a go.
It was a success.  I did make a trial bag and therefore I too have a new purse.
She loved it, hurray!  That and I successfully drafted a pattern from a picture without too much trial and error.
I did a terrible job of photographing the gifts I made this year.  The only one I seemed to manage was of my Husker/Runza quilt.  I made this one for my cousin.  You see, after multiple years of working at Runza and buying Husker t-shirts each season, I was bogged down with Husker shirts.  This is my solution!
I also made a sock dog, Scrabble tile coasters, "Granny" aprons, and another gift for another post.

Well, this is the last post of 2012.  I'm supposed to say something insightful, I think. (wink, wink)
I will say that 2012 has been a year of struggling through knowing my purpose.  Not anything terribly new in the past few years of my life.  I admit I didn't share these troubles with many, knowing they had heard it all before.  I'm at peace.  I had been so blessed by this year's "ministry."  By sending out a simple card of encouragement each day to a woman in my life, whether near or far, friend or stranger, my cup has been filled.  The Lord has used these little cards in big and small ways.
I still have many, many more on my list and so in 2013 I will continue.
Happy New Year!!

Alissa

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt