Monday, December 31, 2012

The End of the Year!

Another perk to having my niece and nephews here over Thanksgiving was being able to make things for them.  Its hard to gauge sizes across 2 states.
My grandma came over one day while they were here.  She always brings something with her.  This time she brought a nightgown, a pink nightgown with cats on it.  She mentioned Brenna or I could use it, haha.  Siena was in the room and she presently announce that it was HERS.
So I took that nightgown and cut it down to size.  I made it into this cute little swing skirt.  She got her pink kitties after all.
Another day found us wandering about in the local thrift store.  We picked up a women's skirt in this floral material.  Michelle asked if we could make a dress out of it for Siena.  And so, after multiple attempts...some of which I believed were the end of this dress:
I made several gifts for Christmas this year.  One gift I made involved commissioning.  A dear lady sent me a link to a purse/bag her daughter liked and asked if I could make it.  Hmm, I'd give it a go.
It was a success.  I did make a trial bag and therefore I too have a new purse.
She loved it, hurray!  That and I successfully drafted a pattern from a picture without too much trial and error.
I did a terrible job of photographing the gifts I made this year.  The only one I seemed to manage was of my Husker/Runza quilt.  I made this one for my cousin.  You see, after multiple years of working at Runza and buying Husker t-shirts each season, I was bogged down with Husker shirts.  This is my solution!
I also made a sock dog, Scrabble tile coasters, "Granny" aprons, and another gift for another post.

Well, this is the last post of 2012.  I'm supposed to say something insightful, I think. (wink, wink)
I will say that 2012 has been a year of struggling through knowing my purpose.  Not anything terribly new in the past few years of my life.  I admit I didn't share these troubles with many, knowing they had heard it all before.  I'm at peace.  I had been so blessed by this year's "ministry."  By sending out a simple card of encouragement each day to a woman in my life, whether near or far, friend or stranger, my cup has been filled.  The Lord has used these little cards in big and small ways.
I still have many, many more on my list and so in 2013 I will continue.
Happy New Year!!

Alissa

1 comment: