Pooh Baby Sister
As hard as it is for my brain to wrap around, my baby sister is having a baby! You know what that means...BABY QUILT!!
They are going for a classic Winnie the Pooh theme, leaning towards oranges, yellows and greens. Hurray for available fabrics that fit the bill. I purchased a fat quarter set as well as the coordinating panel.
I figured out the layout for the panel pieces i decided to use and set about making their different sizes work together. First I added some squares to the ends of this yellow one to make it as wide as the one above it.
Next I added half square triangles to the left and right panels to make them taller.
A few yellow sashings and the middle row was complete!
I started out making some 16 patch blocks using the interfacing method I found so long ago.
It makes blocks like these so easy!
I turned those into stars that I intended to fit next to the first yellow block somehow.
They were a bit bigger than I anticipated so I opted for some flying geese.
The star blocks were wonderfully the exact size needed for the green block! Hurray for happy accidents. It was really starting to take shape.
There was a cute strip of the panel that had all the characters in a row. I added it to the top and a few borders and called it a finished top.
My sewing room is about finished and set up. You get a sneak peek of what I did here. Isn't that wallpaper pretty?! I put Miss Vivian to work and got it quilted. I used a yellow Floofy from Connecting Threads for the backing.
My middle guy loved looking at Pooh and friends!
I am sure happy with how it turned out!
I also tried something different for the binding. A bit of blue in a flange. Always fun to learn something new!
Alissa
















Comments
Post a Comment